Frame-by-frame digitizing 8mm or Super 8 film to MP4 digital movie files at 1080p using a Wolverine MovieMaker-Pro all-in-one converter/viewer. The process takes approximately 30 minutes for every 50 feet of film, creating 3.5 minutes of footage. (Approximately 2 hours for 15 minutes of footage.) Our media conversion equipment can take your physical memories and make them digital. The 8mm film converter digitizes 8mm or Super 8 films. Patrons are encouraged to schedule a 1-1 appointment to learn how to use the software, if needed.
What You'll Need
Use of the 8mm Film Converter is free. You’ll need to bring a USB drive or SD card (no larger than 32GB) to store your converted media on. Once your film is converted, audio and video editing software is available if you would like to add additional effects, or burn the MP4 file to a blank DVD-R.
***You must remain at the library for the entirety of the digitizing process.
Reserve the 8mm Film Converter during open hours. Please note:
- Patrons are permitted one 2-hour session per day and up to 4-hours if no one is waiting.
- There is a 15-minute grace period before reservations are automatically cancelled.
- Laptops are for use in the lower level only and cannot be checked out. A valid library card is needed to sign in.
- The computer shuts off and erases all data saved to it when a session expires.
- Reservations can be made up to 30 days in advance.