Groundworks has high-powered laptops with specialized software for creative digital design. Software can be used for converting analog pictures, negatives and photo slides to digital files, and video editing, music mixing, graphic design, architecture, web design, 3D modeling, and more. Patrons are encouraged to schedule a 1-1 appointment to learn how to use the software, if needed.
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Media Encoder
Adobe Premiere Pro
EZ Vinyl/Tape Converter
Easy Photo Scan
What You'll Need
Computer use is free, and a valid library card is required to sign in. You will need a USB or external hard drive to save your work, or an email account to send it to.
Reserve a laptop during open hours. Please note:
- Patrons are permitted one 2-hour session per day and up to 4-hours if no one is waiting.
- There is a 15-minute grace period before reservations are automatically cancelled.
- Laptops are for use in the lower level only and cannot be checked out.
- The computer shuts off and erases all data saved to it when a session expires.
- Reservations can be made up to 30 days in advance.