Use a laptop, the ion Max LP turntable and EZ Vinyl/Tape Converter software to easily convert an LP tracks into digital MP3 files. The process happens in real time, i.e., a 30-minute LP takes 30 minutes to convert. Our media conversion equipment can take your physical memories and make them digital. The LP converter digitizes LPs (33 1/3 & 45 RPM) to MP3 digital files or CD. Patrons are encouraged to schedule a 1-1 appointment to learn how to use the software, if needed.
What You'll Need
Use of the LP Converter is free. Please bring a CD-R or USB drive to store the digital file upon completion. Once your file is converted, audio editing software is available if you would like to add additional effects.
***You must remain at the library for the entirety of the digitizing process.
Reserve the LP Converter during open hours. Please note:
- Patrons are permitted one 2-hour session per day and up to 4-hours if no one is waiting.
- There is a 15-minute grace period before reservations are automatically cancelled.
- Laptops are for use in the lower level only and cannot be checked out.
- The computer shuts off and erases all data saved to it when a session expires.
- Reservations can be made up to 30 days in advance.