Use a laptop in tandem with the Epson V550 Photo scanner. The Epson Scan software can help you restore color to faded photos, remove dust from scanned negatives, and make adjustments to image size and resolution, or simply scan documents to save as a PDF. Our media conversion equipment can take your physical memories and make them digital. The Epson Perfection V550 Photo/Negative Scanner can transfer your photographs, negatives, photo slides and documents to PDF or JPG. Patrons are encouraged to schedule a 1-1 appointment to learn how to use the software, if needed.
What You'll Need
Use of the Photo/Negative Scanner is free. Please bring a USB drive to store the digital file upon completion. Once your file is converted, photo editing software is available if you would like to add additional effects.
***You must remain at the library for the entirety of the digitizing process.
Reserve the Photo/Negative Scanner during open hours. Please note:
- Patrons are permitted one 2-hour session per day and up to 4-hours if no one is waiting.
- There is a 15-minute grace period before reservations are automatically cancelled.
- Laptops are for use in the lower level only and cannot be checked out.
- The computer shuts off and erases all data saved to it when a session expires.
- Reservations can be made up to 30 days in advance.