Library of Things
HDL's Library of Things contains all kinds of items to help you connect, discover, and create.
To check out an item from the library of things you'll need to:
- Be 18 years of age or older with a HDL card in good standing
- Accept the terms and conditions of the HDL Things borrowing agreement signed at the time of checkout
- Checkout no more than three Library of Things items at a time
Wildlife Observation Kit
- Celestron Nature DX Binoculars
- Rainguard (1); Lens caps (2)
- Birds of Michigan Field Guide by Tekiela, 2nd
- Michigan Trees & Wildflowers pocket guide
- Michigan Birds pocket guide
- Michigan Wildlife pocket guide
- Binoculars user manual
- Carrying case
This wildlife observation kit contains a pair of Celestron Nature DX binoculars, the Birds of Michigan Field Guide, and a set of three laminated wildlife-identification guides. The binoculars are water- and fog-proof, eyeglass friendly, and prefect for beginner and intermediate wildlife enthusiasts. Use the accompanying guides to identify Michigan wildlife.
Don’t forget to check out the Library of Things IdentiFlyer Bird Song Kit to help you identify and learn the calls and songs of the most common birds in North America.
Documentation & Resources
- Celestron Nature DX Binoculars User Manual (ENG & ESP)
HDL Print & Digital Library Resources
Check out the Viewing Wildlife and Enjoying the Outdoors Topic Guide to start your search.
- Wildlife Viewing – Michigan Department of Natural Resources
- Wildlife Viewing Tips – National Park Service
- Birds of the World – Cornell Lab of Orinthology
- Merlin Bird ID Website – download for iOS & Android
- New Bird Song Identification Feature from the Merlin App (YouTube)
- Birds of Michigan – WhatBird.com
- Find over 200,000 trail maps using All Trails – download for iOS & Android
- Search for Wildlife Viewing Areas around the United States
This item is available for check out to HDL cardholders age 18 and older. Borrowers must sign the required Library of Things Agreement acknowledging financial responsibility for lost or damaged equipment.