The Friends of the Library is a non-profit organization engaged in a variety of activities to raise money for and support the programs and events at Herrick District Library.
The Friends' support activities include:
- Running the Book Nook, a book store on the lower level of the Library that sells books for $2 or less
- Organizing annual book sales at the library
- Contribution to the Robert Sherwood endowed scholarship at Wayne State University, which supports education for local librarians
- Sponsorship of an annual library staff and volunteer appreciation event
Friends Membership includes:
- Quarterly newsletter with exclusive information and updates
- Early entry into Book Sales to pick out the best finds
To join the Friends of the Library, please fill out the membership form.
The Book Nook is a used book shop located on the lower level of the main library. It is closed for the remainder of the Main Library renovation project. Through the renovation, the Friends of HDL will maintain blue carts with used books for cash only sales at both library locations. No book donations will be accepted at either library during the renovation project.
Used Book Sale
The Friends of HDL hold a book sale annually, usually in the summer. There will not be a book sale in the summer of 2024 due to the Main Library renovation project.