Are you looking for a new book group? Book groups are a great way to meet new people and establish a community with other readers. The library has several to offer!
At the Main Library, two adult book groups meet on the first Monday and first Tuesday nights of the month. The discussions are free and open to the public, no registration necessary. Copies of the current month's book are usually available for check out at the library card desk. New members are always welcome.
Random Readers Book Group
The Random Readers Book Group will tackle any genre! If you're looking to try something new, they could be discussing your next favorite book. Meetings are on the first Monday* of the month, from 7-8 pm in the Main Floor Meeting Room.
*occasionally held on the second Monday due to Holiday closures
- April 3, 2023- Annie's Ghosts by Steve Luxemberg
- May 1, 2023 - The 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton
- June 5, 2023 - The Dutch House by Ann Patchett
Mystery Book Group
The Mystery Book Group has lively discussions of your favorite mystery novels. From cozies, to thrillers, to Agatha Christie, they will cover it all. They meet on the first Tuesday of the month, from 7-8 pm in the Main Floor Meeting Room.
- April 4, 2023 – The Ranger by Ace Atkins
- May 2, 2023 – Run, Rose, Run by James Patterson and Dolly Parton
- June 6, 2023 - Pirate by Clive Cussler
North Branch Book Club
Every month the North Branch picks a book for our community of readers to read together and talk about. The goal is to pick a plethora of books from a wide variety of genres and authors. Feel free to stop in and check out the current month's title, and when you return it, staff members would love to hear your thoughts.
- April 2023 - The Island of Sea Women by Lisa See
- May 2023 - Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng