Public participation at library board meetings
Last Revision 7/2017
At each regular and special open meeting, the members of the public may participate subject to reasonable constraints.
The individuals appearing before the Board are expected to follow these guidelines:
- Address the Board only at appropriate times as indicated on the agenda and when recognized by the Board President.
- Complete a public comment card. Identify oneself by full name and address, and organization affiliation if appropriate and be brief. Ordinarily comments shall be limited to 3 minutes.
- Delegations may select up to four spokespersons with a total time limit of 10 minutes.
- The Board President may shorten or lengthen a person’s opportunity to speak.
- No more than 20 minutes shall be allowed for discussion except by unanimous consent of the Board.
- Conduct oneself with respect and civility towards others.
Petitions or written comments to the Board shall be presented to the Board at the next regularly scheduled meeting.
Revised by Herrick District Library Board 4-2000
Revised and simplified by Herrick District Library Board 07-27-2017