HDL's Main Library is about to be renovated! The renovation project fulfills a promise made with the 2016 millage levy, when district residents approved to renew the community's millage commitment. The completed renovation of the North Branch was part of that millage promise, followed by this renovation of the Main Library.
What would you like to see at your library? HDL will pose several questions to library users in order to collect your input, which will be used to inform decisions in the project planning process. Look for opportunities to share your thoughts inside the library building, through surveys included in the library's digital newsletters, through social media, through the library's website, and more.
To read more about the renovation project or share your feedback see the library's press release or sign up for the library's digital newsletter.
Ready to give us your feedback now? Respond to any of the following brief surveys below:
- How do you find what you seek at HDL? What could HDL do to help you find library resources more easily?
- What tech features or technology resources would you like to see offered inside the library?
- What features would be important to you in a meeting room that holds 20 people seated at tables or 40 people in chairs, with no tables?
- What is important to you in an enclosed study room that can seat 2 - 6 people?
- Is it important that the library have a designated quiet space? Why or why not?
- What is important to include in an early literacy, active learning playspace for kids?
- We want your input! A photo survey of furnishing options
- Share your general thoughts with us - an open ended survey