The Herrick District Library provides study rooms for quiet study and or small group
discussion/meeting who are supporting the Library’s mission. The study rooms are
available free of charge to individuals or groups.
- Study rooms may be reserved or if they are available, may be used on a first come,
first served basis.
- Noise should be kept to a reasonable level as the rooms are not soundproof.
- HDL is not responsible for damaged, lost, or stolen items. Users are liable for any
damage to furniture and fixtures.
- Room users are responsible for cleaning up after themselves.
- Unattended items will be removed from the study rooms.
- Ongoing office hours or classes are not permitted in study rooms.
- Activities deemed to be disruptive to other users will not be permitted in the study
- Smoking and alcohol use are prohibited in the Library.
- Eating is prohibited in Study Rooms. Drinks must be in covered containers.
- Rooms cannot exceed posted capacity.
The Library Director is authorized to develop guidelines and procedures to implement this
Proposed to Policy & Personnel Committee 7/8/2021
2021 Study Rooms Policy (PDF)