The Silhouette Cameo 4 allows you to create DIY projects with precision. It can used to cut out fabric patterns or create custom stickers, and can cut through a wide array of materials.
Patrons are encouraged to schedule a 1-1 appointment to learn how to use the equipment.
The Silhouette Studio Basic software is available on all Groundworks’ laptops and is free to download and use at home. Silhouette Studio is a robust tool for crafters who want to imagine, design and create their own unique, personalized projects.
What You'll Need
Use of the Silhouette Cameo 4 is free. Please bring a USB drive to store your digital files upon completion.
Patrons are encouraged to bring their own supplies. Materials can be purchased on Amazon, in most big box stores, local craft stores and online craft stores like Swing Design, Expressions Vinyl, and many more. Oracal and Siser (for heat transfer vinyl, HTV) are reliable brands.
Contact us with your questions if you are unsure which material to purchase for your project or don’t know if the material you need is compatible with the Silhouette Cameo.
Groundworks has a limited supply of 12”x12” vinyl sheets (including transfer tape) patrons can purchase for $1.00/sheet.
Reserve the Silhouette Cameo during Groundworks’ open hours. Please note:
- Patrons are permitted one 2-hour session per day and up to 4-hours if no one is waiting.
- There is a 15-minute grace period before reservations are automatically cancelled.
- Laptops are for use in the lower level only and cannot be checked out. A valid library card is needed to sign in.
- The computer shuts off and erases all data saved to it when a session expires.
- Reservations can be made up to 30 days in advance.